Janice McWilliams (MDiv, LCPC), the author of Restore My Soul: Reimagining Self-Care for a Sustainable Life, has nourished a lifelong curiosity about human nature. This has propelled her to serve in campus ministry, to speak and train groups in churches and organizations, and to work as a therapist, spiritual director, and writer. Her love of the depths and intrigue of the human experience is matched by her desire to find her place in God's work of restoring and revitalizing souls everywhere.
Episode Talking Points
- Janice's journey to faith as a PK (preacher's kid)
- Tumultuous teen years and pursuing God in college
- Self-care Barbie
- One-dimensional self-care
- Thoughts, emotions, rhythms, fulfillment
- True and false guilt
- The path forward for self-care
- "Better breaks"