Benno van den Toren (PhD, Theological University in Kampen) is professor of intercultural theology at the Protestant Theological University in Groningen, the Netherlands. He has taught in French-speaking Africa and at Wycliffe Hall at Oxford University, and his books include Christian Apologetics as Cross-Cultural Dialogue and Reasons for My Hope: Responding to Non-Christian Friends.
Episode Talking Points
- Growing up near Rotterdam
- Contextualization of apologetics
- Listening in apologetics
- Relevance and attraction in apologetics
- Violence and colonialism in Christian history
- Where to start in apologetics
- "Fools for Christ"