TMCP 109: Michael Bird on Whether Christians Should Resist Living in a Secular Culture
Dr. Michael Bird is an Australian biblical scholar and Anglican priest who writes about the history of early Christianity, theology, and contemporary issues. Mike is Academic Dean and Lecturer in Theology at Ridley College in Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of over thirty books including Evangelical Theology, Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew About the Bible, Romans (SGBC), The Gospel of the Lord: How the Early Church Wrote the Story of Jesus, What Christians Ought To Believe, and with N.T. Wright, The New Testament in its World.
He enjoys tennis, reading, and red wine. He is married to Naomi and they have four children.
Episode Talking Points
- Michael’s growing up years and coming to faith in Christ
- Michael’s stint in the military
- A global perspective on gun control
- Why rightly understood secularism is good for religious freedom
- The dangers of conservative nationalism and progressive authoritarianism
- A Thessalonian strategy for apologetics
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-monday-christian/support
Podcast: Play in a new window | Download