TMCP 90: Bobby Gross on Why Advent Gives Us Hope During Seasons of Pain
Bobby Gross is Vice-President of Graduate and Faculty Ministries for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF). Bobby serves on the national board of Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA) and lives in Atlanta, Georgia. Previously, Bobby was a national field director for IVCF, served as an InterVarsity chaplain at the University of Florida, launched campus ministry in South Florida, and was the regional director for New York/New Jersey. Bobby is the author ofLiving the Christian Year: Time to Inhabit the Story of God.He has also contributed chapters to three other books, includingFaith on the Edge(InterVarsity Press) andSigns of Hope in the City(Judson).
Episode Talking Points:
- Advent themes
- Bobby’s background as a Baptist and his journey towards the Christian Year
- Inhabiting the whole story of God
- Epiphany – signs of the Kingdom
- The Christian Year – cycles of light and life
- Longing and lament in Advent
- Where to start in celebratingAdvent
Blog Posts On Advent:
- Week 1::Lament: How Long, O Lord?
- Week 2:Longing: Come Lord Jesus.
- Week 3:Laughter: Bring Us Home, with Joy!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-monday-christian/support
Podcast: Play in a new window | Download