TMCP 77: What Can We Learn Through Seasons of Lament? [Mark Vroegop]
Mark Vroegop has been the Lead Pastor of College Park Church in Indianapolis since 2008. He previously served as Senior Pastor at Calvary Baptist Church in Holland, Michigan, from 1996-2008.
Mark and his wife, Sarah, are parents of four living children and a stillborn daughter. They have three adult sons, a daughter, a daughter-in-law, and a Bernedoodle named Stella.
He’s the author of Dark Clouds, Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament. He was awarded the 2020 ECPA Christian Book of the Year and New Author Awards. His next book, Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation released in August 2020.
Mark blogs at markvroegop.com.
Follow on social media:
- Twitter @markvroegop
- Facebook: Mark Vroegop
- Instagram: vroegopmark
Episode Talking Points
- Definition of biblical lament- prayer of pain that leads to trust in God
- Story of Mark’s stillborn daughter Sylvia
- The decision of praise
- How lament shapes us for eternity
- The two ditches of denial and despair
- Dark Clouds Deep Mercy: Discovering the Grace of Lament
- Weep with Me: How Lament Opens a Door for Racial Reconciliation
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-monday-christian/support
Podcast: Play in a new window | Download