TMCP 134: Jon Pyle on Valuing Care Over Content
In this episode, we cover a lot of different topics. These include Jon's journey to faith in Christ and what he perceives are the key needs of this generation.
Jon Pyle is a Digital Pastor who serves the people of CityChurch San Antonio and created his own podcast about making the church "Better on the Inside". As a teenager in the late 90's, Jon converted to Christianity from his first religion: Pop Culture. He is a fun sock enthusiast, retired sports blogger, tea drinker, and world-class hugger.
Episode Talking Points
- Jon's journey to Christ as a youth group outcast
- Processing emotions
- Working through painful life experiences
- Care and content in the Church
- Christianity: is it good?
- The iceberg metaphor
- Better on the Inside Podcast and Jon's philosophy of conversation